The American tradition of Black Friday may baffle other nations as they watch infamous YouTube clips of shoppers running over one another to get to the large flat screen TV at Best Buy or fighting with a Barbie mansion house in-hand. But Black Friday is ours, and we will revel in the all-American tradition of getting the best deals, the day after we celebrate being thankful.
Below are some of the many in-store Black Friday deals from America’s beloved stores. Be sure to look up the hours of these stores for Black Friday.
- Almost a thousand toys will be marked under $10, as well as two thousand toys will be marked under $20
- BOGO 50% off on hundreds of beauty gift sets
- Save $100 on KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 4.5qt Stand Mixer, now priced at $249.99
- Shoppers who spend $50 in the store will receive 20% off their next shopping
- REDcard can get you access to Black Friday deals starting Wednesday
- Great deals on electronics, including saving $70 for the iPhone 6
- Walmart’s top pick is the Sharp 55-inch 4K Smart TV, priced at $298
- All video games marked down in various prices, from $9 to $29 each
- Save $50 on Google Home, priced down to $79
- Save $44 on the Hoover Rewind Upright Vacuum, priced at $44
- You could get either a $500 off $500 coupon, $100 off $100 coupon, $10 off $10 coupon
- 60% off select bedspreads and quilts
- 60% off select women’s apparel
- 25% off men’s Nike apparel
- Select women’s boots marked $29, when normally $69-$89
Of course, to find the unique gift without having to leave your warm home, Dayspring Milestones currently offers personalized gifts on sale, including but not limited to the following items.
- Wedding Photo Frame: Save $20 off the perfect gift for the newlyweds, especially once the photographer has given the final wedding photos. This photo frame holds two 4”x6” photos and includes the names of the couple and a specialized quote of your choosing.
- First Child Wall Decor: A beautiful quote that says “First we had each other, than we had you, now we have everything” (sans punctuation). Personalize with the child’s name and birthdate, as well as choosing the color blue or pink. Save $20 on this one-of-a-kind decor.
- Baptism and First Communion Photo Frame: Save $20 off this combination gift that highlights the milestones made by your loved one: from birth to First Communion. This photo frame holds two 4”x6” photos and displays the bible quote of 1 Samuel 1:27 “For this child I have prayed and the Lord had granted the desires of my heart”. Personalize with the child’s name and birthdate as well as the color of the frame.
Keep in mind that there are more holiday gift deals than the traditional Black Friday, as well as almost a week’s worth of shopping festivities. There is Small Business Saturday, in which shoppers are encouraged to support their local economy by shopping at small business in their towns. Also, Cyber Monday is becoming a more popular trend due to the fact that you can beat the crowds and order all your gifts with a few clicks online. In fact, some online deals are happening right now, so be sure to check out your favorite online shopping websites.
After all the shopping, if consumerism guilt is hitting you hard, #givingtuesday may be your answer. #givingtuesday is a global initiative to give back to the community by donating your money, time and talents. You can start by asking your local charities what assistance they need. If you are unsure of where to begin and who to ask, the Giving Tuesday website has a helpful directory for your area: https://www.givingtuesday.org/whats-happening-near-me.